Overview of the Google panda and penguin updates
Now, as all know, Google and other search engines. In the entire search engine the Google became very popular search engine and I think more than 60 % keyword search in the Google. Google popularity main reason is his search quality and gives best user experience sites on the SERP. For Display best result on SERP Google uses algorithms. Google had done 500 or more changes in his algorithm to give best result. The panda and penguin update are the Google update name which generates big bang In the SEO industry.
Google panda update overview.
The panda updates are mainly designed for the content and target the low quality sites. Tha panda update first lunched in the local us and impacts 20% of queries then after that it lunched globally. This update was first ever penalty hits to the thin content sites and we can call the content farms Where the user is using the unnecessary techniques and generate the keyword stuffing in the low quality content that’s why this update is also known as farmer update. Many publisher submitted the same content into many other website to get the more links.
Panda updates are gives penalty to this type of low quality sites and penalty sites list is not countable. If the website has only one page with the low quality or copy content then the entire domain get the penalty. Instantly the scrapper sites loss high ranking and main author get the benefits of this.
Then after the Google done many changes in the panda update and release the series of the panda updates. Search engine land creates a great update list for the panda updates let’s check it…
1. Panda 1.0 (aka the Farmer Update) on February 24th 2011
2. Panda 2.0 on April 11th 2011. (Panda impacts all English speaking countries)
3. Panda 2.1 on May 9th 2011 or so
4. Panda 2.2 on June 18th 2011 or so.
5. Panda 2.3 on around July 22nd 2011.
6. Panda 2.4 in August 2011(Panda goes international)
7. Panda 2.5 on September 28th 2011
8. Panda 2.5.1 on October 9th 2011
9. Panda 2.5.2 on October 13th 2011
10. Panda 2.5.3 on October 19/20th 2011
11. Panda 3.1 on November 18th 2011
12. Panda 3.2 on about January 15th 2012
13. Panda 3.3 on about February 26th 2012
14. Panda 3.4 on March 23rd 2012
15. Panda 3.5 on April 19th 2012
16. Panda 3.6 on April 27th 2012
17. Panda 3.7 on June 8th 2012
18. Panda 3.8 on June 25th 2012
19. Panda 3.9 on July 24th 2012
20. Panda 3.9.1 on August 20th 2012
21. Panda 3.9.2 on September 18th 2012
22. Panda Update #20 on September 27 2012 (overlapped the EMD Update)
23. Panda #21 on November 5th 2012
24. Panda #22 on December 4th 2012
25. Panda #23 on December 21st 2012
When website got the penalty, then site has no any other way to recover ranking. Some site owners made the site panda friendly but not recover his ranking then they complain about this, but the site did not recover ranking automatically and Google not index all the site every time. When next panda update lunched, then every site re-crawled by Google and at that time the Google note down the changes of the site. If they found positive changes inside the site then improve his ranking.
Google penguin update overview
After getting overview of the Google panda update now it’s time to take overview of the penguin update. The Google penguin update lunched on the 24th April and mostly it target the web spam and over-optimized sites. The over optimized sites means which is not following the Google webmaster guidelines and generate many low quality backlink, more keyword stuffing, copy content, footer links and unnatural keyword on the page. As Google says this update affect directly on the site without deep analysis. Many sites got penalties from this update which is using the black hat techniques but which is using the white hat techniques they also seen some positive change in his ranking.
The penguin update affects 3.1% of queries in all over the world and doing boom in the ranking. Just check it out you Google analytics and find out that traffic to ranking down in April then, the penguin is kicked you. Many site owners get this kick.
After that updates some new changes done into this and came two more update but that is not affects more queries.
1. Penguin 1: April 24, 2012 (3.1%)
2. Penguin 2: May 26, 2012 (Less than 0.1%)
3. Penguin 3: Oct. 5, 2012 (0.3%)
I thank you to the search engine land to gives the great infographic of the panda and penguin update.
Hope you guise enjoy with reading this blog. See you again soon……….